Island Health provides health care and support services to more than 765,000 people on Vancouver Island, the islands in the Salish Sea and Johnstone Strait, and the mainland communities north of Powell River.
Island Health’s Mental Health and Substance Use provides a range of services from short-term crisis intervention to rehabilitation and housing and many other options in between.
- Child, Youth and Family Mental Health offers information on a range of services including short-term crisis intervention, multidisciplinary assessment and treatment, and inpatient assessment and treatment. Also, provides a list of resources from Island Health, in the community or other provincial mental health service providers, and information about the referral process for children and youth who have exceeded the capacity of community resources.
- Eating Disorders provides information on eating disorders, resources available, and a list of the community mental health teams available to provide support for children, youth and adults struggling with eating disorders. A physician referral may be required to access some services.
- Mental Health and Substance Use – Services by Location provides information on all services available in each community including Victoria–Southern Gulf Island, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Port Alberni–West Coast, Comox Valley, Campbell River, and Mt. Waddington.
- Seniors Clinic and Mental Health provides information on seniors outpatient clinics, outreach and where to find additional support for seniors experiencing depression or other mental health conditions.
- Youth and Substance Use provides information and links to substance use resources and the youth and family substance use services available in communities across the health authority.