The Interior Health Authority provides a range of integrated health care programs and services to residents across British Columbia’s Southern Interior. This includes programs and services for areas of Thompson Cariboo, Shuswap, Okanagan, Kootenay Boundary and East Kootenay.
The Interior Health Authority provides a wide range of mental health and substance use services including short-term assessment and treatment, long-term programs for those with a serious and persistent mental illness, seniors’ mental health services as well as substance use prevention and treatment services.
- Mental Health Services provides information on child and youth mental health services, community-based mental health programs, hospital-based psychiatric services, and tertiary psychiatric services.
- Mental Health Resources provides links to mental health survival kit resources and a list of telephone services available to support individuals with mental health concerns or questions.
- Substance Use provides information on prevention, outpatient, withdrawal management, day treatment, residential treatment, supportive housing, services specific to Aboriginal individuals, and other related programs.
- Substance Use Resources provides links to substance use information sheets on alcohol, cocaine/crack, marijuana, methamphetamine/crystal meth, and tobacco. Also provides a list of telephone services available to support individual with substance use concerns or questions.
- Mental Health and Substance Use Centres provides a list of the mental health and substance use centres across the Interior Health Authority. The list includes links to detailed information about each centre including the address, hours of service, and telephone number.