The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is a national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians. CMHA British Columbia, together with a network of local CMHA branches, provides services and resources related to mental health, substance use and addictive behaviour in locations across the Province. Resources are available on numerous topic areas such as child, youth, parenting, workplace, alcohol and other drugs, finding help, and improving mental wellness.
- Bounce Back for Adults and Youth: teaches effective skills to help individuals aged 15+ overcome early symptoms of depression, and improve their mental health. Participants can learn skills to help combat unhelpful thinking, manage worry and anxiety, and become more active and assertive.
- Confident Parents: Thriving Kids: a family-focused phone-based coaching service effective in reducing mild to moderate behavioural problems and promoting healthy child development in children ages 3-12 years old.
- Living Life to the Full: a fun, interactive course that will leave you with the inspiration and tools to get the most out of life! An 8-week community-based course provides simple, practical skills for coping with stress, problem solving, boosting your mood, and busting bad thoughts.
- Blue Wave for Youth: offers Living Life to the Full for Youth. A fun course shown to improve mood and well-being and reduce stress and anxiety. The program also offers a post-secondary bursary program open to B.C. youth under the age of 20 who have experienced a significant mental health or substance use program.
- Scholarships and Bursaries: several post-secondary scholarships and bursaries are available each year to B.C. adults, 20 years of age or older, who are living with a mental illness or addiction.
- Healthy Minds Healthy Campuses: supports British Columbia educational campuses in the development of networks, activities and policies to promote mental health and healthier relationships with alcohol and other drugs among post-secondary students.
- Workplace: helps workplaces build awareness and skills for improving psychological health and safety at work through a variety of workshops and training opportunities