As children grow and develop, the safety of the home needs to be continually checked. Accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in children younger than age 5. The following questions can help you determine how your child's skills can affect his or her safety in the home:footnote 1
- How quickly and how far can the child move?
- How far and how high can the child reach?
- What household objects attract the child's attention?
- What is the child learning to do today that he or she could not do before?
- What can I expect the child to do tomorrow that he or she does not do yet?
Current as ofDecember 12, 2018
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review: Susan C. Kim, MD - Pediatrics
Thomas M. Bailey, MD, CCFP - Family Medicine
Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine
John Pope, MD, MPH - Pediatrics
Current as of: December 12, 2018