Node view

Help for Anger Problems

Topic Overview

Use one of the following resources if you are or know of a parent or caregiver having trouble controlling angry feelings. Actions done in moments of anger can be harmful and abusive.

    • Check your local phone book or provincial website for resources on getting help in your area.
    • Social service departments. Many social service agencies involved with child abuse investigation also offer services to parents under stress. Agencies are listed in the phone book, usually under provincial services.
    • Kids Help Phone. Kids and teens can call 1-800-668-6868.


British Columbia

New Brunswick


  • Distress Centres Ontario: Member Centres
    • Visit to find the phone number for a crisis line in your calling area.




Other provinces and territories

  • Check your local phone book or provincial or territorial website.


Adaptation Date: 4/28/2022

Adapted By: HealthLink BC

Adaptation Reviewed By: HealthLink BC