Content Map Terms
Last updated: October 20, 2023
The Health Connect Registry is a province-wide patient registry available in the qathet region for people who are looking for a family doctor or nurse practitioner. You can register with the Health Connect Registry in qathet if you, your family, or a person in your care live in Powell River, the qathet Regional District (including Texada and Savary Islands), or Tla’amin Nation.
The Health Connect Registry is the most efficient way to find a family doctor or nurse practitioner in the region. Once registered, you will be added to the list and contacted directly when a primary care provider is available. We ask you to please be patient, as it may take some time to be connected with a doctor or nurse practitioner.
Update Your Information
Keeping information on the Health Connect Registry up to date is important. This will help us connect you to a family doctor or nurse practitioner. If you need to update information on the Health Connect Registry for yourself, your family or person in your care, please contact HealthLink BC by dialing 8-1-1, or for the deaf and hard of hearing, dialing 7-1-1.
A HealthLink BC health service navigator will ask you for your Personal Health Number. If you are updating information on behalf of your family or a person in your care, you will require their Personal Health Number to make an update.
Information on the Health Connect Registry can only be updated by phone at this time.
Health Services & Resources
Emergency or Immediate Care
General Urgent Care
- Powell River Medical Clinic (public walk-in clinic)
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am-12:30 pm and 2 pm-5 pm
- 4280 Joyce Avenue, Powell River, BC V8A 3A2
- Phone: 604-485-5501
- Emergency Department at qathet General Hospital (VCH)
- Hours: Seven days a week, 24 hours a day
- 5000 Joyce Avenue, Powell River, BC V8A 5R3
- HealthLink BC
- Pharmacists: Pharmacists can help you with an emergency prescription.
- Please visit the HealthLink BC Directory to find a pharmacy near you.
Other urgent supports
- Suicide crisis: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Mental health issues: 310-6789 (24 hours)
- Crisis Centre Chat
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Find Help Now
Maternity Care and Babies
- qathet Midwifery Care
- If you do not have a family physician or nurse practitioner and you are pregnant, you can self-refer to qathet Midwifery Care
- VCH Community Health Prenatal and Early Years program
- Pregnancy and early childhood - Vancouver Coastal Health
- LIFT Community Services
- Powell River Youth Clinic
- Powell River Child, Youth and Family Services Society (PRYCFSS)
- Phone: 604-485-3090
- Child and Youth Mental Health Clinical Counselling
- Phone: 604-485-0603
- Home and Community Care (VCH – qathet General Hospital)
- Phone: 604-485-3310
- Gerry Gray Place (drop-in centre for seniors to connect)
- Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 106, 7075 Alberni Street, Powell River, BC V8A 2C2
- Phone: 604-485-4008
- Better at Home program (inclusion Powell River)
- Program offers non-medical, in-home support to seniors, like visiting, transportation to appointments, etc.
- Phone: 604-413-0762
- Senior’s Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Tla’amin Health
- 4895 Salish Drive, Powell River, BC V8A 0B6
- Phone: 604-483-3009
- First Nations Health Authority
- KUU-US Crisis Line Society 24/7 BC-Wide Indigenous Crisis Lines for:
Mental Health and Substance Use
- Mental Health and Substance Use at qathet General Hospital
- iOAT Clinic – LIFT: Injectable opioid agonist therapy
- Phone support for mental health issues: 310-6789 (24 hours)
- Crisis Centre BC
The content and resources included on this webpage have been jointly created and curated by the qathet Division of Family Practice and HealthLink BC.