Content Map Terms
What can you and your partner expect in the third trimester (28 weeks - birth) of your pregnancy?
Here's an overview, with topics ranging from your baby's development to key decisions you'll have to consider.
Your third trimester lasts from week 28 until the birth of your baby. Learn more in this section:
Your baby continues to develop in the third trimester and prepares for the birthing process. Learn more about how your baby is developing and what to expect:
- Fetal development at 28 weeks of pregnancy
- Fetal development at 32 weeks of pregnancy
- Fetal development at 36 weeks of pregnancy
- Fetal development at 40 weeks of pregnancy
- Fetal Development in the Third Trimester
- Week 32 of Pregnancy: What's Going On Inside
- Week 36 of Pregnancy: What's Going On Inside
- Week 40 of Pregnancy: What's Going On Inside
During your third trimester, you’ll see your healthcare provider more regularly. Learn more about Check-ups and Tests in the Third Trimester.
You may experience a range of new physical changes during the third trimester. Your baby may drop lower in your pelvis. Learn more about other changes to expect, in this section:
Supports During Your Third Trimester
You may want to take prenatal classes during your pregnancy. This can help prepare you for the birth of your baby. Choosing someone to support you through the birth is also important.
Preparing for Labour and Birth
A key part of planning for your baby is deciding where you want to give birth. You may wish to write out your birth plan ahead of time. Learn more about preparing for labour and birth:
Last Updated: June 2021