Content Map Terms
Pregnancy is a special kind of journey - and you can get a special kind of passport to help.
Our Special Journey: Pregnancy Passport is a booklet to support you in having a healthy pregnancy, tracking your progress, and preparing for your baby.
The Pregnancy Passport includes:
- information for you to think about and discuss with your care provider relating to your needs throughout your pregnancy, birth, and after your baby is born;
- information about the care you can expect during pregnancy, birth, and the first weeks after your baby's birth;
- a place to record check-ups and tests;
- places to write down goals, questions, ideas, decisions, and hope and dreams for her baby; and
- a list of resources for more information.
Ask your doctor, midwife, or local health unit for a Pregnancy Passport.
The Pregnancy Passport is published by Perinatal Services BC in partnership with the Ministry of Health and health authorities. The Pregnancy Passport is a companion to Baby's Best Chance.
Aboriginal Pregnancy Passport
Our Sacred Journey: Aboriginal Pregnancy Passport can help take you and your family through your sacred journey of pregnancy, birth, and baby’s first few weeks. The passport provides an expectant mother with health information, resources, traditional teachings, growth charts, checklists, and a place to write down goals, thoughts, ideas, and dreams for your baby.
Ask your doctor, midwife, care provider, or health unit for an Aboriginal Pregnancy Passport.