Content Map Terms
Family and friends will likely be excited to meet your new baby, but a constant stream of visitors can disturb your sleep and rest time.
Here's some advice that can help.
To keep visits positive and help ensure they support your recovery, set some basic guidelines and share them with your loved ones before your baby is born. Your guidelines may include the following:
- Please do not drop in unannounced.
- Don't visit if you're sick.
- Wash your hands before touching the baby.
- Do not smoke in the house.
- If you have a cold sore, don't kiss anyone, especially not the baby.
- When you visit, bring something such as fresh bran muffins or a meal.
- Offer to help in whatever way you can, such as with housework, pet care or taking care of other children to help free up time for breastfeeding.