Advance Care Planning
Learn about advance care planning
Advance care planning means that you plan ahead for your future health care. Even if you're healthy, it's important to make a plan in case the time comes when you aren't able to make decisions for yourself. If you have a serious health problem that is getting worse, making decisions now about end-of-life care can make things easier for you and your family. Clearly stating your wishes can help ease your mind. Our topics provide information about advance care planning, so you and your family can make sure you get the care you want.
Find out more about planning for your health care in topics such as:
- Advance Care Plan: What to Include
- Advance Care Planning
- Advance Care Planning for Your Child
- Caregiver Support: Talking About Advance Care Planning
- Choosing a Substitute Decision-Maker (SDM)
- Complications of Grief
- Coping When Your Child Is Near the End of Life
- Dementia: Legal Issues
- Diabetes: Making Medical Decisions as Your Health Changes
- Eldercare Mediation
- End-Stage Renal Disease
- Funeral Planning
- Grief and Grieving
- Grief Counselling
- Grief: Dealing With Feelings of Insecurity
- Grief: Helping Children Understand
- Grief: Helping Teens With Grief
- Grief: Losing a Loved One
- Grief: When Major Loss Challenges Your Beliefs
- Hospice Palliative Care
- Learning About Hospice Palliative Care
- Medical Assistance in Dying
- Pain Control at the End of Life
- Prolonged Grief
- Turning Off Your ICD
- Your Substitute Decision-Maker: How to Choose Someone
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Have Artificial Hydration and Nutrition?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Receive CPR and Life Support?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Kidney Dialysis?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Treatment That Prolongs My Life?
- Kidney Failure: Should I Start Dialysis?
- Kidney Failure: What Type of Dialysis Should I Have?
- Kidney Failure: When Should I Start Dialysis?
Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
HealthLinkBC Files are easy-to-understand fact sheets on a range of public health and safety topics including disease prevention and immunizations.
Find Services and Resources
If you are looking for health services in your community, you can use the HealthLinkBC Directory to find hospitals, clinics, and other resources.