This handout provides a list of books and websites to help you access information about inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
The resources listed here are believed to be reliable and accurate at the time of publication. They should not be considered an endorsement of any information, service, product or company.
- Crohn's and Colitis Diet Guide: Includes 150 recipes. Dr. A. Hillary Steinhart and Julie Cepo, 2008.
- How to Cook for Crohn's and Colitis: More than 200 healthy, delicious recipes the whole family will love. Brenda Roscher, 2007.
- Gastrointestinal Society (GI Society) and Canadian Society of Intestinal Research (CSIR): GI Society and CSIR are charities dedicated to public education and awareness of gastrointestinal diseases and disorders. CSIR also helps fund medical research. The website has pamphlets, lectures and newsletters about IBD. 1-866-600-4875
- Crohn's and Colitis Canada: Crohn's & Colitis Canada is a national charity that raises money for IBD research. The organization also provides education about IBD. The website has lots of information for IBD patients, from books and brochures to apps and videos. 1-800-387-1479
- Mayo Clinic: The Mayo Clinic is a worldwide leader in medical research and education. This website has complete information on diagnosis, treatment, research and lifestyle recommendations for IBD. Search inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis on the website.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK): This service provides information about IBD and IBD research. The NIDDK works with health professionals to create resources like videos, newsletters and podcasts for people with IBD.
- Crohn's & Colitis: Understanding and Managing IBD. Dr. A. Hillary Steinhart, 2006.
- What to Eat with IBD: A Comprehensive Nutrition and Recipe Guide for Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Tracie M. Dalessandro, 2006.
Last updated: January 2014