Chest X-Ray of a Swallowed Object

X-ray of swallowed object

Courtesy of Intermountain Medical Imaging, Boise, Idaho. All rights reserved.

Front view of a child's chest X-ray shows a swallowed coin.

Current as ofSeptember 23, 2018

Author: Healthwise Staff
William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Kathleen Romito, MD - Family Medicine

Is it an emergency?

If you or someone in your care has chest pains, difficulty breathing, or severe bleeding, it could be a life-threatening emergency. Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediately.
If you are concerned about a possible poisoning or exposure to a toxic substance, call Poison Control now at 1-800-567-8911.

Thanks to our partners and endorsers: