Pinworms

Pinworms are a type of parasite that lives in the digestive system of humans. Most people get infected by touching something that has pinworm eggs on it and then swallowing them. Pinworms can be annoying, but they rarely cause serious health problems.

Treatment can kill pinworms. It also helps keep you from getting infected again and from spreading the infection to other people.

Is it an emergency?

If you or someone in your care has chest pains, difficulty breathing, or severe bleeding, it could be a life-threatening emergency. Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediately.
If you are concerned about a possible poisoning or exposure to a toxic substance, call Poison Control now at 1-800-567-8911.

Thanks to our partners and endorsers: