Susan W. Butterworth, PhD, MS - Behavior Change
Dr. Susan Butterworth reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Butterworth is the Principal and Founder of Q-consult, LLC, in Portland, Oregon. Q-consult, LLC, specializes in motivational interviewing and patient engagement techniques.
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR:
- Adjunct Professor, School of Medicine, 2008–present
- Associate Professor, School of Nursing, 2002–2010
- Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, 2000–2002
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, 1997–2000
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Portland State University, Portland, OR, 1995–2007
Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Portland, Portland, OR. 1995–1997
University of Richmond, Richmond, VA:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Health and Sport Science, 1988–1995
- Instructor, Department of Health and Sport Science, 1986–1988
The final approval of Healthwise content is always made by a clinician with no financial conflicts.
Dr. Butterworth receives consulting fees from DaVita Healthcare Partners, HealthSciences Institute, Mercer, and Oregon Health Authority. She receives honoraria for presentations at OHSU CarePlus, EMMI Solutions, Abbvie, College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists, UNC at Greensboro Health Coaching Program, and Samaritan Health. Dr. Butterworth also receives grant support for research with the Audiology Department of Portland, OR United States Department of Veteran Affairs.
Current as of: August 15, 2014
Author: Healthwise Staff