A job helps you or your teen in many ways:
- You earn money, which helps you stay or become independent.
- You gain self-esteem and a sense of purpose.
- You interact with other people and may develop a larger social network.
Vocational (job) training helps people choose and learn work that suits their skills and interests. Programs are available through local school districts and the department of education in each province.
Vocational training can help teens and adults:
- Identify their strengths, interests, and physical skills.
- Train for a particular job.
- Prepare for work in many different areas, such as in offices, restaurants, hospitals, stores, or factories.
Current as of: May 27, 2020
Author: Healthwise Staff
Susan C. Kim MD - Pediatrics
Brian D. O'Brien MD - Internal Medicine
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Louis Pellegrino MD - Developmental Pediatrics