Though British Columbia has a diverse population, health concerns are often common to everyone. We have translated a number of resources into Punjabi so B.C.'s Punjabi community will have easy-to-understand, trusted health information at their fingertips.
BC HealthGuide Handbooks
BC HealthGuide Handbooks translated into Punjabi are available at many community or multicultural organizations, temples or English Language Services for Adults providers.
B.C. Immunization Schedule
Immunizations, also known as vaccinations, are important for people of all ages. They help your immune system recognize and quickly kill bacteria and viruses that can cause serious illness or death. For a list of vaccines that are provided free to residents of British Columbia (B.C.), click on the link below.
- A list of HealthLinkBC files that have been translated into Punjabi
- Eczema and Food Allergy in Babies and Young Children
- Healthy Carbohydrates for Diabetes – Adapted for North Indian Diets (Punjabi and Hindi)
- Healthy Eating for Diabetes – Adapted for Punjabi Diet
- Healthy Eating Guidelines for People with Chewing Difficulties
- Healthy Eating Guidelines for People with Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Healthy Eating Guidelines for People with Peptic Ulcers
- Lower Sodium (Salt) Food Choices
- Preparing for an Emergency: A Focus on Water and Food
- Reducing Risk of Food Allergy in Your Baby: A Resource for Parents of Babies at Increased Risk of Food Allergy