These Interactive Tools are easy-to-use personal calculators. Take a quiz or enter your information to learn important facts that can help you make smart decisions about your health. For example, find out if you are at risk for a heart attack or stroke. Discover how much smoking really costs you or how many calories you burn doing chores. See how well you "bounce back" and handle stress.
To get started learning more about your health, click on an Interactive Tool.
Health and Fitness Tools
- Do Your BMI and Waist Size Increase Your Health Risks?
- How Bad Are Your Urinary Symptoms From Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)?
- How Do Temperatures Compare?
- How Many Calories Did You Burn?
- Should I Consider Surgery for My Low Back Problem?
- What Is Your Child's BMI?
- What Is Your Target Heart Rate?
Lifestyle Checkup Tools
- Are You Depressed?
- Are You Ready to Quit Smoking?
- How Does Smoking Affect Your Lifespan?
- How Does Smoking Increase Your Risk of Heart Attack?
- How Much Is Smoking Costing You?
- How Well Do You Bounce Back?
- What Is Your Stress Level?
Primary Medical Reviewer Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Brian D. O'Brien, MD - Internal Medicine
Current as ofSeptember 9, 2014
Public Health Alerts
Public health alerts include information about outbreaks, advisories and product recalls. Click on the links below to read the most recent alerts, or visit our Public Health Alerts web page.
FIND Services and Resources
If you are looking for health services in your community, you can use our directory to FIND hospitals, clinics, and other resources.
To learn more, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Is it an emergency?
If you or someone in your care has chest pains, difficulty breathing, or severe bleeding, it could be life-threatening. Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediately. If you are concerned about a possible poisoning or exposure to a toxic substance, call Poison Control now at 1-800-567-8911.