These Interactive Tools are easy-to-use personal calculators. Use any of them to start learning more about your health.
Health and Fitness Tools
- Do Your BMI and Waist Size Increase Your Health Risks?
- How Bad Are Your Urinary Symptoms From Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)?
- How Do Temperatures Compare?
- How Many Calories Did You Burn?
- Should I Consider Surgery for My Low Back Problem?
- What Is Your Child's BMI?
- What Is Your Target Heart Rate?
Lifestyle Checkup Tools
- Are You Depressed?
- Are You Ready to Quit Smoking?
- How Does Smoking Affect Your Lifespan?
- How Much Is Smoking Costing You?
- How Well Do You Bounce Back?
- What Is Your Stress Level?
Primary Medical Reviewer Adam Husney, MD - Family Medicine
Brian D. O'Brien, MD - Internal Medicine
Current as ofSeptember 9, 2014
Public Health Alerts
Public health alerts include information about outbreaks, advisories and product recalls. Click on the links below to read the most recent alerts, or visit our Public Health Alerts web page.
Want More Information?
HealthLink BC, your provincial health line, is as close as your phone or the web any time of the day or night, every day of the year.
Call 8-1-1 toll-free in B.C. or for deaf and hearing-impaired, call 7-1-1.
You can speak with a health service representative, who can also connect you with a:
- registered nurse any time, every day of the year;
- registered dietitian from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday;
- pharmacist from 5pm to 9am, every day of the year.
Translation services are available in more than 130 languages.
FIND Services and Resources
If you are looking for health services in your community, you can use our directory to FIND hospitals, clinics, and other resources.
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Is it an emergency?
If you or someone in your care has chest pains, difficulty breathing, or severe bleeding, it could be life-threatening. Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number immediately. If you are concerned about a possible poisoning or exposure to a toxic substance, call Poison Control now at 1-800-567-8911.